JISC Collections funded a study to examine the values of libraries to UK academics. The result “UK Scholarly Reading and the Value of Library Resources: Summary Results of the Study Conducted Spring 2011” has been published. Here is a link to the PDF. From p. 8, “Of the 448 hours per year spent on scholarly […]
David M. Schultz is a Professor of Synoptic Meteorology at the Centre for Atmospheric Science, School of Earth, Atmospheric, and Environmental Sciences, The University of Manchester. Presently, he is Chief Editor for Monthly Weather Review, the longest-running meteorological journal in the world. In 2014, he received the University of Manchester Teaching Excellence Award. He has published over 135 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Goodreads loves Eloquent Science
- “Improving Together: Better Science Writing Through Peer Learning”
- Book review: Science Research Writing for Non-Native Speakers of English
- Book review: Designing Science Presentations: A Visual Guide to Figures, Papers, Slides, Posters, and More
- Book Review: Science Communication: A Practical Guide for Scientists
Fascinating that a conference of communication experts has so many speakers with too many words on slides and no take-home message.#CCCMan17