eNews & Updates
Tag Cloudabstract book review career careers citing climategate communication concision editorship Eloquent Science ethics figures first person fonts grammar humor improvement jargon journals meteorology music open access outline slide peer review pet peeves poll posters PowerPoint precision presentations public publishing punctuation reference list rejection research resources reviews science speaking spelling statistics teaching title writing
- The importance of communication skills in the National Weather Service
- TMA (Too Many Acronyms)
- Chinese translation of “How to Research and Write a Case Study in Meteorology”
- First for Eloquent Science
- How to give feedback to colleagues and students on their writing
- Advice on providing better feedback…
- Improving communication skills through writing groups
- Speaker tips
- I’ll be blogging the European Geosciences Union General Assembly
- Thoughts on the impact factors and other metrics: Royal Meteorological Society journals
- Past or Present Tense?
- Rejected for publication: What now?
- Thermodynamic diagrams for free
- Are first-person pronouns acceptable in scientific writing?
- Do you end with a ‘thank you’ or ‘questions?’ slide?
- For Those About To Punctuate (Correctly), We Salute You: The Best Links If You Need Help With Punctuation
- How do you get to Carnegie Hall? 10,000 Hours
- How to Research and Write Effective Case Studies in Meteorology
- Bob The Angry Flower: It’s vs Its
- Whether to use colons in titles