Eloquent Science at the AMS Annual Meeting
If you’ll be at the American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting in Seattle in January, please stop by one of the Eloquent Science events.
1. Sunday 23 January: Improving Your Writing Skills for Students and Scientists, at end of the AMS Student Conference.
2. 9:45-11:00 a.m., Tuesday 25 January: Book signing at the AMS Books Booth in the Exhibit Hall.
3. 1:30-3:00 p.m., Tuesday 25 January: Eloquent Professional Communication: Customer-Oriented Writing and High-Impact Presentations (Room 304 Washington State Convention Center)
4. 3:30-3:45 p.m., Tuesday 25 January: Eloquent Science: A course to improve scientiﬁc and communication skills 20th Symposium on Education (Room 604 Washington State Convention Center)
5. 8:45-9:45 a.m., Wednesday 26 January: Best resources for communication skills for scientists. 14th Conference of Atmospheric Science Librarians International (Room 304 Washington State Convention Center)
6. 1:30-1:45 p.m., Wednesday 26 January: How to Publish a Scientific Paper: Reflections on Being a Journal Editor. 14th Conference of Atmospheric Science Librarians International (Room 304 Washington State Convention Center)
7. 9:45-11:00 a.m., Thursday 27 January: Book signing at the AMS Books Booth in the Exhibit Hall.
And, if you want to see what I do in my day job—when I’m not promoting Eloquent Science, but being an Eloquent Scientist—stop by the Poster Session on Monday 24 January from 2:30-4:00 p.m. I’m in the 24th Conference on Weather and Forecasting/20th Conference on Numerical Weather Prediction session on Decision Support, Forecast Verification and Downscaling with “A new paradigm for occluded fronts and the occlusion process“, presenting a poster on my new paper with Geraint Vaughan.